We want your stay here to be as comfortable as possible. This packing list can help make your visit more pleasant and convenient.
- Insurance cards (such as Blue Cross, Medicare or Medicaid).
- Photo identification.
- Emergency contact numbers.
- Copies of forms for advance directives, living wills and power of attorney.
- Current medications. Your nurse will note your medications, and then a family member or friend can bring them home. The hospital pharmacy will provide all your medicine during your stay, including over-the-counter medications.
- Eyeglasses and/or hearing aids
- Comfortable, loose clothing.
- Bedroom slippers or warm socks
- A pillow.
- A pen and notepad.
- Books or magazines, crossword puzzles or needlework.
- Eye covering and ear plugs if you are sensitive to light or noise.
- Toiletry items and cosmetics.
Please do not bring:
- Credit cards or cash.
Valuables, such as jewelry and watches.
- Laptop computers and tablets. You can have a family member or friend bring in electronic devices when you are recovering.
- Other electronic or electrical equipment, such as radios or hair dryers.