Living Well, Beaufort Memorial’s quarterly
publication, often features former patients,
surgeons and important advances in surgery.
View current issue.
- A Joint Adventure — Having joint replacement is easier with help from Beaufort Memorial’s care coordinator.
- Better than Ever — An advanced hip replacement offered Hazen Culley a faster recovery with less pain.
- Getting the Better of Breast Cancer — Breast cancer survivor Joan Tremitiere shares five strategies to get through cancer treatment.
- Gone without a Trace — Robot-assisted, single-site hysterectomy can dramatically speed recovery and reduce surgical complications.
- Good as New — Total knee replacement offers retired attorney a chance to hit the road again.
- Have No Fear — Separate joint replacement surgery truths from myths.
- Next Generation Surgery — Explore minimally invasive procedures then and now.
- Oh What a Relief — The Women’s Imaging Center informs patients and expedites follow-up to help reduce abnormal mammogram anxiety.
- On the Cutting Edge — Advanced technology expands the scope of minimally invasive surgeries.
- OR Superstar — The da Vinci robot makes it easier and safer to treat digestive problems.
- Reverse the Curse — New techniques and technology offer patients relief from period pain.
- Singular Sensation — New single-site surgeries leave barely a trace.
- The New Minimalists — When it comes to surgery, less is best.
- The Transformers — Tiny tools, minimal incisions make over OR.
See what’s new in surgery on the Living Well blog.
Have questions? See your primary care physician to discuss health concerns. Or discuss specific, surgery-related concerns with your surgical provider.