Preparation for joint replacement begins weeks
before the day of surgery. The good news?
The preparation sets your sails for a safe and rapid
recovery. Pre-surgery preparation and activities for
joint replacement surgery include:
- Attending a Joint Replacement Information Session (First Mates welcome!)
- Scheduling a surgery date
- Receiving your primary care provider’s surgical clearance
- Practicing joint exercises regularly
- Continuing or stopping prescription medications as advised
- Following tips to lower infection risk
- Completing insurer’s pre-certification or authorization requirements
Thrive on checklists? Download our helpful joint replacement surgery checklist.