Helping You Find Answers
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, you probably have a lot of concerns. Here are some questions you may want answered. Discussing them can help your doctor understand your concerns and help you focus on the treatment options and process.
- What type of cancer do I have?
- How aggressive does the cancer appear to be, and how far has it spread?
- Are other tests needed before I decide on a treatment approach?
- Which type of treatment do you recommend and why?
- What is the goal of the treatment?
- What are the expected benefits of this treatment?
- What are the risks and possible side effects of this treatment?
- Where will I receive this treatment?
- How long will I receive this treatment?
- Will I need to change my regular activities? If so, for how long?
- What other treatment options might be available?
- Would a clinical trial be appropriate for me?
For more information, contact the Beaufort Memorial Keyserling Cancer Center at 843-522-7800.