Bringing Health Screenings to Neighborhoods
Our 40-foot healthcare mobile wellness van brings free and low-cost health screenings to local neighborhoods, health fairs, businesses, schools, churches and other organizations.
We provide free:
- Blood pressure checks for hypertension.
- Blood sugar checks for diabetes.
- Clinical breast, prostate and skin cancer exams (available when a nurse practitioner is present).
For $10 we provide:
- Prostate-specific antigen blood test that accompanies the prostate exam.
- Lipid profile to check cholesterol levels.
- Hemoglobin A1c blood test for people with diabetes.
Every month the wellness van makes these stops:
2nd Monday: Sun City-Pinckney Hall, 8 a.m.-noon
3rd Monday: Lady's Island Fire Station, 9 a.m.-noon
1st Tuesday: Belk, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
2nd Tuesday: Hospice Care of America-Paris Ave, 7-11 a.m.
4th Friday: Sun City- Lake House, 8 a.m.-noon
Quarterly schedule: January, April, July, October
1st Monday: Burton Wells, 10-11 a.m.
4th Monday: Callawassie Club House, 9 a.m. - noon
4th Tuesday: Hardeeville Senior Center, 10-11 a.m.
3rd Wednesday: Bluffton Senior Center, 10-11 a.m.
4th Wednesday: Target Plaza, 9 a.m.-noon
4th Thursday: Ridgeland Senior Center, 10-11 a.m.
Dates and times are subject to change. For information and directions: 843-522-5568