Using high-tech tools for minimally invasive solutions
With our high-definition, 3-D da Vinci Si surgical system, our experienced surgeons can perform more complicated, minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures with:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Smaller scars
- Shorter recovery time
- Faster return to normal activities
- Better clinical outcomes in many cases
Our da Vinci surgical system is used by several of our board-certified surgeons for hysterectomies (uterus removal) and fibroid removal, prostatectomies (prostate cancer removal), single-incision gall bladder removal and kidney-sparing cancer removal.
The da Vinci surgical system offers:
- High-definition, 3-D images.
- Up to 10 times zoom.
- Additional images such as ultrasound and EKG on separate monitors.
- EndoWrist instrumentation for dexterity and range of motion far greater than the human hand.
- A longer reach for use on larger patients.
Beaufort Memorial Hospital is the first hospital in the region to offer single-site surgery for gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy). This technique allows the surgeon to make a single incision through the navel with benefits including:
- A smaller incision
- Virtually no scar
- Less pain
- Faster recovery
These gynecologists can perform surgery with the da Vinci surgical system:
These general surgeons can perform single-site gallbladder surgery with the da Vinci surgical system:
These urological surgeons can perform prostate and kidney cancer surgery with the da Vinci surgical system: