Bringing Expertise to Help Heal Joint Disorders
With our high-definition, 3-D da Vinci Si surgical system, our experienced surgeons can perform more complicated, minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures with:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Smaller scars
- Shorter recovery time
- Faster return to normal activities
- Better clinical outcomes in many cases
Initially used for urological surgery, the da Vinci system is now used for other procedures, including hysterectomies and surgeries for uterine fibroids, for cancers of the female reproductive system, and for gallbladders and kidneys.
The da Vinci surgical system offers:
- High-definition, 3-D images.
- Up to 10 times zoom.
- Additional images such as ultrasound and EKG on separate monitors.
- EndoWrist instrumentation for dexterity and range of motion far greater than the human hand.
- A longer reach for use on larger patients.
Beaufort Memorial Hospital is the first hospital in the region to offer single-site surgery for gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy). This technique allows the surgeon to make a single incision through the naval with benefits including:
- A smaller incision
- Virtually no scar
- Less pain
- Faster recovery
These gynecologists can perform surgery with the da Vinci surgical system:
These general surgeons can perform single-site gallbladder surgery with the da Vinci surgical system:
This urological surgeon can perform kidney cancer surgery with the da Vinci surgical system: