Preparing for Joint Replacement Surgery
Once you’ve decided to have joint replacement surgery, you are a member of the Total Joint team at our Orthopedic Care Center, joining the physicians and staff who will be with you every step of the way to help improve your quality of life. Our surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation therapists, and diet, drug and blood specialists partner with you, offering their care and support.
At our Total Joint Class you’ll learn what to expect before, during and after your surgery. You can also read a detailed Beaufort Memorial Hospital guide on how to prepare for your hospital stay and recovery. The booklet includes information such as:
- What to bring to the hospital.
- How to prepare for your surgery.
- What medical equipment you’ll see during your stay.
- How rehabilitation works.
- Safety tips for when you return home.
- How to recognize and manage any pain.
- An overall plan for success.
Learn more about our total joint replacement program and the total joint pre-operative class: 843-522-7435
More on Surgery and Recovery
Find out more about joint replacement and recovery from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.