Bringing Health Screenings to Neighborhoods
Our 40-foot healthcare mobile wellness van brings free and low-cost health screenings to local neighborhoods, health fairs, businesses, schools, churches and other organizations.
We provide free:
- Blood pressure checks for hypertension.
- Blood sugar checks for diabetes.
- Clinical breast, prostate and skin cancer exams (available when a nurse practitioner is present).
For $10 we provide:
- Prostate-specific antigen blood test that accompanies the prostate exam.
- Lipid profile to check cholesterol levels.
- Hemoglobin A1c blood test for people with diabetes.
Every month the wellness van makes these stops:
Second Monday: Sun City, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Third Monday: Lady’s Island Fire Station, 9 a.m. to noon
Fourth Monday: Callawassie, 8 a.m. to noon
First Tuesday: Belk, Beaufort, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Second Tuesday: YMCA Beaufort, 7 to 11 a.m.
Fourth Tuesday: Hardeeville Senior Center, 10 to 11 a.m.
Third Wednesday: Bluffton Senior Center, 10 to 11 a.m.
Fourth Wednesday: Bluffton Target Plaza, 9 a.m. to noon
Second Thursday: Scotts Senior Center, St. Helena Island, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Third Thursday: Sam’s Club, Hilton Head Island, 9 a.m. to noon
Fourth Thursday: Ridgeland Senior Center, 10 to 11 a.m.
Dates and times are subject to change. For information and directions: 843-522-5568